I will be completely honest when I say from the time I decided I wanted to start blogging, until the time I actually pulled the trigger and did it, seven months had passed by. It seems crazy but it’s true! I’m a pretty busy person by nature, and if you combine that with the fact that I’m always traveling and I’m not overly tech savvy either, well you get the picture… However, I knew that if I didn’t start somewhere, I wouldn’t start at all. So that’s exactly what I did. I took several things off my plate so I could fumble my way through the site, learn terminology and start to figure out how certain things work. After some trial and error, I wanted to make sure I was on the right track, so I had some friends and my mother-in-law do a little checking for me. When they said they all could see my site, I figured I must have done something right!
- Start somewhere! If you don’t take the time to start somewhere, you won’t start at all.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect! Don’t fall victim to “paralysis by analysis”. With blogging, you learn as you go. I still have a lot to learn!
- Seek inspiration! Check out what others are doing, but find your own style!
- Do some digging! There’s a lot of good information out there to help you navigate and learn!
- Don’t get discouraged! I will admit that I was thrilled to have international views and following my first month in to blogging. However, I know that it will take 6-12 months to build the following I hope for!
- Blog about what you love and go for it! People who love the same thing will jump right on board!
I would love to hear any tips that my fellow bloggers may have to share – please comment below! And, Happy Blogging!