My last post was on May 1st, in which I announced my decision to take the month of May off of my blog for my birthday. After a much-needed break, I’ve decided to make some changes to my blog for the foreseeable future. The truth is, as much as I love my blog, I have many things on my plate which require my attention. So, at least until I’m done with grad school or something else changes, here are some changes you can anticipate seeing to By Land and Sea:
- New posts will be published on the second and fourth Mondays of each month only. I’m sure some will say that this is the exact opposite of what I should be doing, but I need to be realistic with what I can manage. I am not a full-time traveler, blogger or a digital nomad, and honestly, I have no desire to be. Regardless of how much I love blogging, there are bills to be paid and, much to my dismay, my blog does not cut the mustard in that regard.
- Generally speaking, the first post of every quarter will serve as a “travel round-up” of the previous quarter’s activities. However, due to an incredibly challenging second quarter of 2017, I will be skipping this particular update – all others will come out as anticipated. If you’d like to check out the first quarter of 2017, click here. The content of all other posts will vary as the mood strikes me, as usual.
- While many have enjoyed the posts in my Sustainable Sunday series, I will be incorporating little sustainable travel tidbits into the content of other posts instead of focusing on individual posts in this series for the time being.
- Although I will do as much as I can, when I can, I will be limiting post length, photo editing, and social media engagement. As much as I would like to do more, there are only so many hours in a day. However, if you have questions or comments about any destination or activity, please let me know in the comments. I love to hear what you have to say and help out where I can!
- My blog related Instagram account will be inactive for some time. Again, I’m sure some will say this is the exact opposite of what I should be doing, but I simply do not have time to manage it. Instagram is the most frustrating social media platform there is. It seems it is all about putting up appearances and game playing – and I do not have the time nor the patience for either. At the moment, I simply cannot fathom spending any more time carefully selecting and editing photos, generating attention-grabbing captions, and including up to 30 popular hashtags all for the sake of someone following me just to unfollow as soon as I follow them back, and having some dumb bot giving me a “thumbs up” in the comments. For everyone who truly cared and engaged, thank you! Instead, catch me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter until I get a little more free time. End rant.
- I would love to welcome any legitimate guest posts! If you are interested in having your content shared here and across social media, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving forward, there are already many great posts in the queue filled with wanderlust-inducing content and I’m really excited to share them with you! The posts shared here have something to offer for everyone who loves to travel! Again, that you for the continued support and readership.
This post is shared on Feet Do Travel’s #FollowMeFriday travel community where bloggers share advice, stories, and pictures!